D 3
Three days ago I changed bed with dad and slept with mom for a better condition falling asleep while I got insomnia and even shocked by mom twice these days: one was at 10:00 am a sudden sneezy voice shocked and meanwhile woke me up when mom was just sitting aside cleaning her closet; another shock happened at midnight when icetimer, an insomnian carrier, finished drinking some milk in the kitchen and went to the restroom, turning on light but soon scared by "someone" facing downward, quietly sitting on the toilet. I was out of wits and cried out "WOW!" twice, which woke dad up. Then heard a cool voice from someone:你三八喔! At that time I know it was mom and kept laughing for a while...all of us didn't sleep well yesterday.
Got up at 10:30 and went to the temple. 1. 1 hour simulation test and found my analogy was awful. 2. reading TIME for 1 hour. 3.math for 30 mins.
other time: 1. 2 hours transportation 2. 2 hours taking a nap. 3. 20 mins checking my emailbox 4. 1.5 hours finding an album 5. 1.5 hour blogging
go to bed at 12:30
things undone: CNN 1 hour, 2 hours writing, verbal training, and 7-11 rule.
tomorrow goal:1. check album's info 2.buy gifts 3. math 1 hour 4. reading 1 hour 5. CNN 1 hour 6.simaulation test 1 hour 7. 2 hours writing 8. other time for verbal training 9. try to go to bed at 11:00 and get up at 7:00 (7-11 rule) 10. wish I could spare some time watching Monsters Inc.
Got up at 10:30 and went to the temple. 1. 1 hour simulation test and found my analogy was awful. 2. reading TIME for 1 hour. 3.math for 30 mins.
other time: 1. 2 hours transportation 2. 2 hours taking a nap. 3. 20 mins checking my emailbox 4. 1.5 hours finding an album 5. 1.5 hour blogging
go to bed at 12:30
things undone: CNN 1 hour, 2 hours writing, verbal training, and 7-11 rule.
tomorrow goal:1. check album's info 2.buy gifts 3. math 1 hour 4. reading 1 hour 5. CNN 1 hour 6.simaulation test 1 hour 7. 2 hours writing 8. other time for verbal training 9. try to go to bed at 11:00 and get up at 7:00 (7-11 rule) 10. wish I could spare some time watching Monsters Inc.
Comments
The Christian Science Monitor looks friendly. I think "Christian" here means commendble decent and generous, even though Merrian Webster says Chritian Science is a religion orgainzed under the name of Church of Christ. This site won't be inclined to Christianity, will it?
I like NYtimes, both you and t-o-e recommend this website, I think I'll visit them often.
The reason why I use TIME and CNN is because them have chinese translation aside. But I'll be aware of being biased by them from now on.
Good luck on your GRE! Sorry for not offering any help>.<
I was trying to delete my original comment but chose yours...
VERY SORRY:*O*:
I usually have 吾日三醒吾身 habit before I sleep, but it seemed not feasible because sometimes this habit cause my insomnia. I should make this 11-year-habit some change.
I was on the lookout for religious stuff in the CSmonitor, but found it OK.
Now, since I have a low GPA, and is going to get a bad score in GRE (well, above average, but not good enough), there is a possibility that I would be working for a year in the US after graduation, while working on taking the GRE again.
If that year doesn't work either, then I might just get some boring job and get along with it. But with my personality, I doubt that I'd ever give up research.
Looking on the bright side, since I'm helping with research here, my name might be listed in a paper of my instructor's. Also, the GPA requirement for Americans is lower then international students, so maybe I don't have to compete with those super high scores from China.
The future seems so uncertian, but I've already had my share of panic, and the panic is already over. Just do what I should do in the meantime, and get along with life. No matter how the situation is, we live on.
mom wish me to tell her what i wanna do in the future, then she could let me study abroad. I should be practical but still have no ideas. I just want to go abroad for advanced study and broaden my mind.
But I'll look on the bright side. Looking on the bright side made me calm and therefore find ways to solve the problem.