Election 2004

The US presidential election this year had something in common with Taiwan.
The uneven distribution of voters:It seemed that people live in western and north-estern (higher living standard) tended to support Kerry while others who live in midsection and southern(rustic) area prefered Bush.
And I've heard that the relationships between Americans had degenerated by some agitators--both politicians and media.
If I were an American, I might feel sad because no candidate is good enough to lead this country(one is an agitator and another is a wobbler) and I also feel shamed because our country followed Taiwan's mistake instead of progressing.And also, the war in Eraq had detroyed our dignity and impression around the world.

Comments

intellidryad said…
Indeed, there are less disputable facts in the U.S. than there were in Taiwan.
So, as I said in my blog( http://intellidryad.blogspot.com/2004/11/newskind-of-old-news-though-bush-gets.html ), I don't see much difference between the two.
And so, I, too, didn't register to vote this time. (register with AIT, that is. FYI, although I live in Taiwan, I'm a Californian ^^ )
Besides, I'm more femiliar with Taiwanese politics.
roast said…
Dear theory of everything,in fact,I don't really understand about the mechanics of electrorate,why this policy allows each candidate to pay more attention on the less-populated states and it can sometimes help the less-popular candidate to win? Can you give me more specific explanations?

Popular Posts