SF Renegade Fair

The business card collections of the impressive art studios


Hmm...finally back from facebook :p I just (got lazy + had too many complicated thoughts in my mind waiting for an answer recently) so the blog has been dried for several months...

Anyway, I just had great time with friends from SF Renegade Craft Fair. It's the second year and there were around 200 artists joining the event.

My friend Shine might jump on the bandwagon next year so she came here to learn some logistics of the fair. Min also joined with us for some fun.


There was a DIY-pin stand near the entrance. We were like kids when making pins by ourselves.

It was quiet exciting to meet so many artists in few hours. Shine and me felt some artists looked elegant and full of thoughts. We talked with some artists and shared some of their experiences on their work. The story of Gypsy Deer was quiet fascinating.

I was stuck at the i heart guts stand. I guess it was due to my major and seeing cute design of the stuff you studied made the subject more interesting. I bought two sets of buttons and five sets of pins and the total cost was 20 dollars.My loots



I also loved Sophia Masri's porcelain jewelry. The design was Middle-East, Turkish-like to Mediterranean style. However, I was running out of budget...maybe next time :)

Most artwork were not cheap for students but when compared to the work sold in gallery or mainstream stores they were actually sold at relatively decent price. The clothes were worth looking at since their qualities were pretty nice yet the price were much lower than those famous brand ones. For example, Min and I saw some cashmere sweaters sold around 35 dollars. Maybe I need more experiences on clothe shopping so next time I can make quick and right choice when I encounter something worthwhile.

More info at Renegade Craft Fair
If you like handmade stuff there is a good website to look at: Etsy

Comments

Popular Posts