2008 countdown series

Happy New Year!

18天的紐約之旅在此先告一段落.旅行真是一件有趣的事,尤其在紐約,每一個block都有特別東西讓你驚艷.之前有同學問我為什麼要來這裡過寒假,我只是回答說因為我不回台灣,來紐約後,我覺得她就像第二個家,這裡有熟悉的人事物,重點是交通便利的大城市,每個人的距離拉得很近,這裡也是比較不美國的地方,每個文化都可以保持原色,而加州則是鎔爐,之前在Tahoe一家義大利餐廳吃到台美style的義式菜就是最佳證明.

每天在subway碰到各式各樣的人,很喜歡看觀光客不知所措的樣子,他們興奮的表情,還有家族討論行程等等.剛開始一直跑Chinatown,只是為了找點Chinese food吃吃,但是畢竟太油太多MSG,之後換成日本SUSHI,不過得到的結論是,紐約的日本料理比不上台灣.昨天是我Metro Card的最後一天,我選擇到Flushing去尋找家鄉菜.不過我最後卻買了陝西菜回家,因為台灣小吃在這裡賣得囂張得貴,蚵仔煎一份直逼五塊錢,還是忍到回家再說吧.

紐約可以買到比加州便宜菜和更多種類的生活用品,吃到比加州便宜的食物.但是以健康的角度而言,加州略勝一籌而且比較有環保意識.紐約抽菸的人多,溫差變化大,subway髒且臭,而我住的灣區則有一塵不染的感覺.

這次的旅行也是想尋找一些靈感,因為不確定下一步要做什麼,雖然現在似乎有一個比較可能的答案,但仍稱不上決定,沒有安全感.

先放一些跨年的照片和video. 有空再補充. 我們早上十一點開始排隊,我因為回宿舍拿書所以實際站了10小時,不過已經很瘋狂了,其實我下午四點就想回家了,覺得站在哪裡只是虛擲光陰,但是想一想為了那美麗的一瞬間還是忍了下來,曾經參加跨年的前輩說要準備尿布,我跟Lisa決定不喝水,不過神奇的是一直到活動結束我都沒有想去廁所,不過我真的看到前排的幾個台灣人帶尿布跨年!但他們很損國格,因為他們直接把尿布放在身旁,而且還站在椅墊上(超市裝水果的塑膠盒)於是這幾個身高175左右的大男生瞬間變成190,檔住後方的視線,感覺還挺噁心的.旁邊的日本女生也不惶多讓,索性站在3,40公分高的行軍椅,占了我許多照片的篇幅=_=
Lisa說她參加這次就夠了,不過我有機會還是會再參加一次,因為碎花降下的瞬間實在是太夢幻了!10小時的等待是絕對值得的!

12:00pm 12:30pm
2:00pm 3:00pm 4:00pm 7:00pm 9:00pm 12:30am

videos:

Clubbing to 2008!

Say hello to MTV

Romantic time after countdown

Comments

Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing your countdown to 2008 so quickly! You guys were definitely crazy.. standing in the cold for more than 10 hours. I wish that I could have gone with you too. It would have been so much fun for me too! The trash left after the coutdown (shown in your 12:30am picture) looked very similar to the scene after our Taiwanese 選舉大會.

Are you back to the Green Bay now?
I have three more days of vacation left and then need to be back to school. Wish us luck!
roast said…
Yeah I'm in the JFK wireless hotspot now and I haven't slept for 20 hours. My flight is around 7:00am so I needed to stay awake for such long time, which tortured me more than the countdown><

btw, I just had the greasiest breakfast after I came to America: creamy milk+greasy omelet+high- calorie homemade fries...since I had fewer choices at the airport. I felt like getting heart attack in the near future after having the meal.

Time moved so fast and I am not really for the class...the first thing I got to do after arriving in sf is to clean my messy messy room lol
Anonymous said…
hope you had a safe trip "home" and have fun cleaning your room! (it's always fun to discover.."wow.. this is in my room??")

when does your school start? gotta have some time to replenish your sleep :)
roast said…
My school starts next Tuesday. And I will become busier this quarter.

I was pretty nervous few hours ago since I couldn't find my baggage in the airport. And Jetblue told me my baggage was still in Boston but would be back in Oakland around 11:00pm lol

On the way back I didn't see Naperville on the flying map but I did consider visit you next time:)

Are you going back to Taiwan this summer?

Popular Posts