Great Concert

Last sunday I went to LeeHom's concert with pinkjaja. Both of us enjoyed a lot while were moved by different parts of his performance. Pinkjaja has been a big fan of LeeHom since she was in the junior high school and knew every song (lyrics) in detail; she could thoroughly tell you his changes during the past 10 years. While I, rather superficial, was amazed at how this great composer could make such complex but harmonious rythms and melodies under the conforntations between the Pop music and the traditional Chinese music.

The concert was quiet different from others; it was displayed by a musican rahter than a singer. It started with an acrobat dressed in 孫悟空-style looking around and playing some entertainment. After he striked the gong, the curtain rised and you could see Leehom, who was dressed in the chinese gown, wagging large flags, while others were beating drums--every audience just held his breath and watched the magnificent scene! And in the following shows, you could enjoy watching the competition of "martial skills" between hip hop boys and Chinese acrobats as well as relishing Leehom's brilliant instrument performances.

I think he looked younger than his real age and I really like his jaunty way of walking. From kid to grandma, from Asia to America, all gathered to see Leehom's outstanding performance that practiced his hope of introducing Chinese music to the world. With his protean talent as a brilliant composer, a first-rate pianist, violinist, and an intuitive performer,the public has high expectation of Leehom.

Until recently did I realize that he was also an excellent student at school and had earned several honors; he was good at several things except for music. And just as pinkjaja, I admire his simple personality.

I seldom went to the concert, while this time I made the wise choice-our seats were pretty closed to the stage-the expensive tickets paid the price! Another advantage is that you can sing aloud with your icons (who was closed at hand) without worrying disturbing others. By the way, the sound effects in 小巨蛋 were quiet nice.


Leehom shared his thoughts about love with us in the end. He said that it was hard to keep "distant love," while he was too busy to spare time staying with his former lover. He was kind of lost. Bless him! I believe he could find his princess in the near future.

Comments

roast said…
I think MD alone is rather flexible-if you want some advanced education, you can still apply for PhD- while "MD with PhD", as far as I'm concerned, would be worth choosing if u really interest in studying.
Well it's just my personal opinion and only for reference:)
roast said…
hihi. deer t-o-e,
it's rained a lot these days and we were kind of gloomy because of this lousy weather.
Well I've been busy with my gre ever since I found that I had few time preparing for it.
I still don't know what to do this summer, therefore I couldn't ask any help from you so far.
uh, I did know little about our rural education here, so I just tell you what I know so far:
some might think rural schools are composed of shabby facilities but in fact some of them are designed more high-leveled than schools in the city.
But the student's quality might not be as good as those in the city.
(well those above sound like craps>< sorry I'm too illiterate...)
roast said…
Outlet...haha...I remember I spent most my "tuition" there><

I once been to Woodbury Common Premium Outlets, which offers large collection of name-brand outlets such as Banana Republic Factory Store, Coach, Gucci, Max Mara, Gap Outlet, Nike Factory Store, Off 5th - Saks Fifth Avenue Outlet, Polo Ralph Lauren Factory Store, Tommy Hilfiger...(http://www.premiumoutlet
s.com/outlets/outlet.asp?id=7), all of which were sold at more than 50% discounts.

I was amazed at the large scale of the outlet. Aunt Lily led me (novice shopper) to several stores, taught me some skills and encouraged me to do some "practice"--feeling like a spendthrift, I spent around 200
dollars, while two of my companions ( one aged 19 and another 24) were so sophisticated that they carried several bags-which means they've been to several stores-by the time we were ready to leave.

After this special experince, I got outlet syndrome: I wouldn't buy those famous brands until they are sold at outlet stores.

Popular Posts