這個寒假

過年前夕,爺爺在半夜起床如廁時不小心跌倒了,原本用來支撐不久前才跌斷的左腳的手斷了一隻,傷雖然緊急包紮好了,但是爺爺的身體情況卻越來越差,在他生 日當天送進了加護病房,我的生日派對也跟著一併取消,接著整個年假也是在醫院及爺爺家度過,也未能如期回苗栗外婆家過年.雖然一直安慰自己過年全家團員即 是幸福 ,也一直期待爺爺趕快好,但心裡總有小小的遺憾.
一直到初五晚,sarra在msn上邀我和淑芬隔天出來聊聊,之後在電話上小敘片刻後,我決定走出原本的哀傷,好好放鬆一下自己,後來之後的兩天就在烏來,sarra及淑芬家度過.
第 一天在sarra家k歌,原本是保守估計只唱三首歌,沒想到之後越唱越high,加上blue ice助興,連續唱了七小時到早上四點半,後來大家睡到中午出去覓食,本來興致沖沖想到永和吃擔擔麵,但卻在永和迷了路,還差點跑到新莊去,之後繞了半天 終於於三點時在古拉爵落腳,飢腸轆轆的大家一次把早餐中餐晚餐的份都點上了,祭完五臟廟天色已晚,也沒有其他景點可去了,此時淑芬提議到他家玩,淑芬家的 太鼓達人遊戲很容易上手,遊戲方式有些相當可愛,如日式羽球敗方還會被勝方用毛筆畫上"囧"字,我雖然最後在大賽中慘敗,但仍對遊戲的種種意猶未盡.
這兩天幾乎是玩瘋了,但也赫然發現自己潛藏在內心很久的壓抑是如此巨大,也很高興自己跳脫原本的框框,讓我重新看清一些事情.
也 開始準備gre了,但這是一件很艱難的事情,我常常想著自己畢業後到美國留學的選擇對不對,我必須有足夠的決心才行,但是問題就在於我根本就不知道我將來想做什麼,是否繼續走研究?當初進生命科學系是本著對生物的興趣以及對台大多元課程的嚮往,但是我根本還沒定為自己將來想做什麼,如果繼續攻讀生物好像 只 是隨波逐流的虛應故事,我的興趣可能因此而銳減,所以我目前陷入僵局,但我希望自己能在大學畢業後走出門檻,看看不同世界,旅行也好,留學也好,但我的方向在哪裡?家人會支持我嗎?

Comments

roast said…
Thank you, deer theory of everything.
I think I'm standing at a crossroads and the direction I choose is related to my future. I wish I wouldn't waste my time since I wish I could travel to some places before I have a job and get married(if possible).
I'm going to Hualien the following two days with my family, incuding my little cousin(3 years old).
See ja later!:)
intellidryad said…
I guess I'm feeling the same as you are. A little lost when facing the future, after graduation.
roast said…
hi, I think we're both in trouble.
I don't know if u can take MCAT another day but as for me, the one who registered the exam just a week ago( the dumbest thing i've ever done), rescheduling the test is unavailable!!!
Now i have no choice but to indulge in the preparation. I really have no idea how to prepare GRE so far.( I registered it because I believe there's a short-term memory) I'm now filled with anxiety.
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
roast said…
Your schedule is a little bit harsh for me since I usually take a rest once an hour(even twice an hour, but now I'll try...)

Let's go for it!

My exam is on June 10th and I scheduled awa(writing) on May 2nd.

So there are two months for me tp prepare wrting and three months for verbal and quantitative.

I had deleted some choosed courses this semester but there are still five to cope with.

Well, I wish I could finish schoolwork as soon as possible, thus I could squeeze some time preparing my poor vocabulary and wrting.

But now I have trouble memorizing mountains of words in short time and still can't get used to the "analogy" part. It is quiet difficult!
CPA Derek said…
MCAT and GRE @@;;

well ~

MCAT is supposed to be much longer and extensive rather in the life-sciences related field while GRE is much more general?

It is a practical yet ideal question to be looking into...
we all are looking for directions all our lives in what we are suppose to do / what we want to do / what we like to do and such ... conflicting with many things... many many things all the time... that contradictory way of life is suppose to bring about different experiences and forming new characters ~ supposably, one would always advise, do what you wishes to do while you still have the time !! best wishes
roast said…
Thank you, Derek, I think I shouldn't think too much. After all, we don'nt know what would exaclty happen in the future.
Being more practical, I'm now preparign my poor Verbal and writings, while I usually get stuck in how to make my article longer-- 370 words is my limit so far without considering misspelt words--I need help!!!
Anonymous said…
this is theory-of everything (or nothing at all)
I cannot log in with my blogger's identity..

now watching the academy award, but have not seen Lee Ang's winning yet.. let's hope!
Anonymous said…
yes! best director ;)
roast said…
congratulate Lee on his excellent performance! but you know what? there's an "Ang-Lee syndrome" here: a university wants to offer him a doctor degree, and some politicians proudly announce that Lee and they came from the same town and try to agitate some kind of nationalism:P( I feel like vomiting...)
Anonymous said…
from theory..
hey, I totally understand what you mean about the feeling to vomit!
this is probably the Trend in Taiwan! whenever there is something to be praised of, the media just keep on adding to it

no one really cares that much about Lee until he got famous (by the way, he is the alumni from my school, university of illinois)
Same for me, as I read more news online, I do feel that media indeed overdid his coverage. So I just ignore those to keep a clear mind!

I am definitely not a critic for movies, but the good movies are the ones that I enjoy. I liked Million Dollar Baby, and also felt that Brokeback Mountain was a nice breakthrough in American society. You probably feel that American society is rathe "open," and it indeed is. However, people are quite conservative about gay issues (you will be surprised at how religious American are!).

Okay, what am I talking about exactly??
not sure.. but it is late now so I should go to sleep haha!
roast said…
great critics!
I know that many Americans are Catholics, and even my uncle's family started to embrace Catholicism soon after they immigrated to America.
They go to church on Sundays, and make close relationship with other church-goers (mainly are their neighbors).
And I've heard that the religion did play greater role than any other in Americans' life.
I did feel a little bit surprised at Lee's failure in winning the best picture, while his failure reinforced my impression of the strong influence to society made by some conservatives. Indeed some places in America are much less liberal than Taiwan. Well, frankly speaking, for a Taiwanese, it's hard to imagine living in a conservative area like that.
Anonymous said…
from theory again
yeah... but the one that won the best picture "Crash" was a movie that strongly depicted racism in LA. I have not seen it yet, but one friend said that she had to leave in the middle of the film because the movie was just too descriptive about racism...
so perhaps the conservatism among those academy judges accepted racism more

oh.. one incident just occurred
I was in the library using computer, and being absent-minded as I am, I left my purse and bookbag on a table behind me.
then a black guy walked toward that table and sat down on the chair nearby.. I felt strange, but continued using computer while sometimes glancing back at him

then after 5 minutes, I was done with internet and went back to my seat
found that my cell phone and wallet was gone while the black guy was still sitting there.. then I peaked into his bag.. there it is!

he then returned the cell phone and wallet to me and said sorry...
I went blank and did not respond at all (totally in shock)

I guess that at that time I had to say "that's okay, just do not do it again next time..."

it was my fault to leave my purse there in the first place, but I am not sure about my reactions
what do you think?
and good thing that I checked my purse at that time, otherwise...

this is also another example of social problems.. if you ever come to Chicago, let me show you around to some "interesting" perspectives in the city
roast said…
I think I'd behave like you were-didn't know what to say-or just said,"it's ok." In our culture, forgiveness is virtue, and it is unnecessary to make one mroe enemy in your life.

Well I really interest in what you mean "intereting" stuff of Chicago. In fact I know nothing about any American city--even if I'd stayed in the NYC for 2 months, there were still something I didn't reach.
Anonymous said…
from t.o.e.
hey icy timer
maybe you should write a new comment because this thread is wayyyy too long ;-)
by the way, have you looked into those summer stuff that I sent you before?

Popular Posts